This is my second overview of the Chilean wine scene, currently one of the most exciting and fastest improving in the world. Based on three weeks’ on-the-spot research, which took me from Osorno in the south of this long and uniquely thin country to the Elqui Valley in the north, via Malleco, Itata, Curicó, Maule, Cachapoal, Colchagua, Maipo, Leyda, Zapallar and Limarí. I tasted over 1,000 wines from 202 wineries, visiting and talking to hundreds of winemakers.
If you want to know what’s going on in Chile right now, download my comprehensive, 45,000 word, 149-page Chile Special Report.
- My 148 wines of the year (white, red, rosé, sweet and sparkling)
- Scores for 1059 wines
- 715 tasting notes for wines scoring over 90 points
- The ten things you need to know about Chile
- Evocative photos of the landscape and winemakers
- My 2018 classification of the 150 best Chilean wineries
- Where to eat and drink in Chile