Rioja is in on the verge of seismic changes, as it prepares to introduce a new tier of Single Vineyard wines to complement its more traditional Crianzas, Reservas and Gran Reservas.
My second in-depth report on Spain’s most famous wine region tells you everything you need to know about what’s happening in Rioja right now, based on three weeks of visits and tastings last year and three decades of experience.
This comprehensive, 112-page guide includes:
- The Ten Things You Need to Know about Rioja
- Top wines of the year (by style)
- Winemakers of the year
- Scores for nearly 900 wines
- 500 tasting notes (including drinking windows) for wines scoring over 90 points
- My second, controversial classification of Rioja’s best producers
- Evocative photos of the region and its winemakers
- Recommendations for restaurants and further reading
All this for £15, €18 or $20