This is my fifth annual guide to Argentina. With over 1,300 wines tasted and rated, it is the largest and most comprehensive yet. Based on three weeks spent visiting vineyards and wineries earlier this year, it is an in-depth portrait of a dynamic industry.
Having visited Argentina almost every year since the early 1990s, I can comment on what’s happening there with a measure of authority and identify the key trends and winemakers, as well as the wines that you should buy – and avoid. My independent, 172-page report includes reviews of wines from all of Argentina’s regions and its leading producers and some surprisingly up-beat comments about the “difficult” 2016 vintage.
My 2017 Argentina Special Report contains:
- Winemakers of the year
- Top 100 wines of the year
- A controversial classification of the best 200 wineries
- Scores for over 1,300 wines
- Tasting notes for 825 wines scoring over 90+ points
- The 10 things you need to know about Argentina, its economy and its wine scene
- A selection of my award-winning photos
My 2017 Argentina Special Report is available to download at www.timatkin.com for £20
“Tim Atkin MW is the most authoritative international commentator on Argentinean wine.” Edy del Popolo, Dominio del Plata
“One of the most influential wine journalists in the world.” La Nación (Argentina’s leading newspaper)